Bike to Work Day: May 10, 2018
Bike to Work Day is almost upon us! Come ride bikes with us — you'll dig it. We expect hundreds of riders, so it's gonna be a party.
We'll be rolling out from the 24th & Mission BART station at 0630, but show up early for the party beforehand!
- meet at 24th & Mission BART (SW corner) starting at 0600
- get FREE snacks and prizes from SFBC!
- renew your SFBC membership right there at the Energizer station
- pose for giant wide-angle photo
- Bayway, including Cortland and Feral Cats for those with some time
- NRLB — no rider left behind; someone will help you if in distress.
- Safety is priority #1! Please be mindful and don't get yourself hurt.
- Obey traffic laws! This ain't critical mass.
- Don't swarm cars at intersections — stay behind the line of vehicles and don't block the right-turn lane (please).
- Don't launch attacks — we know you're fast. This is not the day to demonstrate it. Please help us keep the group somewhat intact — much more fun. Go slow and enjoy the scenery.
- More safety advice.
- Wear a helmet!
- Make sure your tires are inflated the night before.
- Check your bike and test ride for proper function.
- Bring a spare tube and the tools necessary to change a flat.
- More preparation advice.